• Avoid touching the treated area or applying with products for 6 hours following treatment. After that light makeup can be applied and the area can be gently washed with soap and water.
• Until the initial swelling and redness has resolved please do not expose the area to intense heat. Eg sunbeds, sunbathing or extreme cold.
• Please do not exercise for 48 hours after your procedure as it can cause migration of filler.
• If you have previous suffered facial herpes, there is a risk that injections could contribute to another eruption.
• If you are using aspirin or any similar medication, please be aware that this may increase the risk of bruising or bleeding at the injection site.
• This is not your final result – It is not uncommon for the treatment area to remain swollen for up to two weeks. During this time the area may look very uneven, feel bumpy, bruised, discolored and may feel sore. Please do not panic. It is normal during this period to not be entirely happy with your results. Patience here is key.
• The final result will be apparent approximately 14 days after treatment. If you have any concerns, please book in for a review after this two-week period is up. Any initial discomfort during this period can be eased by application of ice.
• This is not your final result – Any injection causes an inflammatory response. This can easily cause disappointment over the following weeks because as the swelling subsides, the treatment area may look significantly less plump than it looked immediately after injection.
• The filler has not dissolved nor disappeared, you have not wasted your money. The filler has simply sunken and formed a layer at the base of your treatment area. Many clients find they need two or three sessions in order to layer filler on top of one another – until the filler no longer has room to sink – leaving you with a fuller look.
• Unfortunately, we cannot predict how many sessions each individual will need to achieve their desired result and therefore cannot be held accountable if several sessions are needed. The results of your treatment durability and end results are influenced by several genetic and lifestyle factors completely out of our control.
Microblading / Permanent Make-Up post-care is very important to the appearance and longevity of your new eyebrows. If you’ll fail to look after the microbladed brows properly, the whole treatment can be a waste of money.
What to Expect During the Healing Period?
Entire healing process usually takes from 4-6 weeks depending on your body regeneration and age. Your eyebrows / eyes / lips will go through several phases during the healing cycle.
The pigment will appear very natural looking immediately after the procedure. It is very likely that you will not be satisfied with your treatment the next day, when they start to appear darker. It is important for you to know that this is just a stage of healing which happens due to a natural skin regeneration.
Then, there is a period of scabbing and peeling. After two weeks, your brows / eyes / lips will start to look very light (lighter than when freshly done) and you might feel as if they are disappearing or that the colour is fading too quickly. This is the reason why most clients need a touch up between 4-6 weeks.
The first touch up is there to fill in all the gaps and correction. It is only then that you can expect to be satisfied with the result.
The final look will be apparent approximately 30 days after your procedure.
What Should I do During the Aftercare?
It is a myth that washing your freshly microbladed brows is forbidden. It is essential actually because bacteria and dry skin must be removed. Also, it is good for preventing any complications, such as infections. However, you must wash them in the right way. That means gently cleaning them with a cotton pad and sterile water. It is also crucial not to leave them wet or greasy, but to dry them properly. Also an adequate microblading aftercare products are essential in the process of proper healing.
Day 1 – Gentlywipe the area 30 minutes after the procedure. Use a clean tissue or a cotton pad and a little bit of water and antibacterial soap. Don’t worry, this will not affect the pigment! Repeat this every 2-3 hours in order to avoid build-up of blood or lymph on the area. After wiping, apply a thin layer of ointment.
Day 2-3 – Carefully blot the area in the morning and in the evening. It is important to remove dead skin and bacteria. Make sure your hands are clean, and you use sterile water. Do not rub, tug or scrub the brows. After wiping, apply a thin layer of ointment. Your eyebrows must not look greasy, glossy or shiny. If they do, you used too much. Also, when wiping the brows don’t make aggressive movements or manipulate the skin that way. It’s highly important to be gentle.
Day 4-14 – Continue cleaning your face every morning and evening with water and gentle soap. Do not use products that contain acids and exfoliants. Only use antibacterial soap. After you wash your eyebrows, it is time to dry them. Do this by gently tapping a cotton pad or a soft tissue. Once you clean the eyebrow area, you may apply an extremely thin layer of ointment in a way you did it for the first couple of days after the treatment.
What to Avoid During the Microblading Aftercare?
In order to get the best results as well as to prevent side-effects, avoid the following things:
How to Care for Skin After Microblading Eyebrows Aftercare?
After microblading aftercare period is over, i.e. after the first touch up, you can be more relaxed and treat them normally. Naturally, you want your investment to pay off – you want your microbladed brows to look good as long as possible.
In order to prevent them from fading too quickly, it is advisable to:
Aqualyx is an injectable solution used to dissolve localised fat deposits in areas such as the hips, saddle bags, thigh, knees jowls and chin. The body then expels the released fatty acids naturally.
The number of treatments required varies depending on the thickness of fat to be removed. Typically 1-3 treatments for small areas (e.g. jowls) and 2-8 treatments for larger areas (e.g. thighs) at six weekly intervals.
After treatment the area may redden and swelling and bruising may be experienced.
Aqualyx works by causing an inflammatory reaction in the fat cells which can result in swelling that lasts 3-5 days. This swelling can be obvious when having facial treatments (e.g. chin). During this time you may want to organise time off work / social engagements.
Swelling can be reduced with the use of a cool pack wrapped in a clean cloth and used for a maximum of 20 mins. Do not use any anti-inflammatory tablets (Ibuprofen) for 48 hours.
Do not apply make-up or skincare to the treated area for 12 hours – then only use a clean brush or sponge for application until day five.
Common side affects:
The treated area may feel tender and firm for up to eight weeks after your treatment.
Adverse reaction awareness:
Pain and discharge is not normal. If you experience these please call the clinic immediately for advice.
All side effects must have fully resolved before a further treatment can be performed.
Copyright © 2022 Julia Clark Beauty Centre Ltd - all rights reserved
Permanent hair removal for men and women. Affordable prices for a single treatments and 0% finance for packages (no credit check). Free consultation.